We collect your information for these main reasons:
1. To create a record of you as a customer of our Bookshop.
2. To process the order that you have placed with us.
3. To store only your name and address for that calendar year should you return and place further orders.
What we do not do:
1. Your telephone contact as supplied, solely for the purpose of your order, is not placed or stored permanently on any computer.
2. Your payment details are not permanently stored or placed within your customer record on any computer for automatic reuse.
3. We will not call you if your payment is refused, declined for insufficient funding or otherwise not processed due to your error in input of data or suspicion of fraud. We will however send you a message via the order system to advise you of the status and request that you re-order.
4. Your payment and data will not be processed until your order is ready for dispatch. Dependent on the “in print” status, this can be up to 10 workings days or longer.
5. We will not require you to “create an account”, use passwords to access our site, and visiting and ordering through our site does not enrol you into any club, or form any contract to make future purchases.
Your Personal Data, order and payment details are processed for transmission to us through secure systems via Globe Charge a service provided to us by Shop Factory. These are firstly divided transmitted separately via different systems in encrypted form and are thus are secure. This data is stored for a limited period during the processing of your order, and for informing you of progress of your order.
We continue to maintain your internet order details for a period of 4 months for the purpose of resolving any dispute arising from the transaction. After that period your transmitted information is permanently deleted from the system.
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By visiting our website, with your browser settings set to accept cookies, you agree that we can store these cookies on our system. This means you are not then counted as a new visitor each time you re-visit our site. You can of course easily delete these cookies when you do in house maintenance on your internet files and temporary internet folders.
We at Elite Fulfilment Company Ltd, The Express Bookshop, will respect your privacy and you will only receive marketing communications from Express Newspapers, TM Publishing 1 Plc and TM Magazines Limited if you opt in to do so during the placement of your order.
If you do not opt in by putting YES in response to the relevant question regarding your personal data, your information is not shared with anyone.
In this respect, should you choose to share your information you will need to read the Privacy information at https://www.express.co.uk/privacy prior to doing so.
You have the right to ask Express Newspapers, TM Publishing 1 Plc and TM Magazines Limited not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from them at any time by writing to us at Electronic Customer Relationship Management Department (ECRM), Express Newspapers, The Northern & Shell Building, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data subject rights
As a data subject you may have rights in relation to your personal data which include:
Legal information and how to contact us
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have to say who the 'controller' is for services provided through our sites. The controller is the department responsible for protecting information and, in our case are the Directors, Elite Fulfilment Company Ltd, email: email@example.com
For all general enquiries regarding our site please contact us using the details below.
Phone General Enquiries: 01872 562310
The Directors (Mr Nicholas and Mrs Susan Ladbrooke)
Elite Fulfilment Company Ltd
TRURO TR4 8QU